ASHTON – Damage was kept to a minimum Wednesday night north of West Brooklyn after a resident noticed smoke in their home Owner Bob Cheeseman said the home, located in the 1500 block of Brooklyn Road in Ashton had electric ceiling radiant heat, and apparently one of the panels shorted out. Ashton and Franklin Grove firefighters quickly arrived to the scene in sub-freezing weather around 7 p.m. and went to work pulling down a section of the ceiling. No injuries were reported according to Ashton assistant fire chief Farrell Stauffer. The residents were able to stay, as they had other ways to keep the home warm and damage was minimal.
January 9, 2019 @ 8:05 pm Local Headlines